Thursday, March 15, 2012

Playing with Paradise

Have you seen the new Little Yellow Bicycle Paradise Collection yet? If not, you need to take a peek!  If so, you know how adorable it is!  
I needed some cards and bags for some upcoming events and I decided to use this fun collection to make them.  I really love this color combo.  I'm such a fan of blue, green and brown together.  Adding some touches of hot pink made it even more of a must have!
I made the cards using the Little Yellow Bicycle Medley Album Kit.  These kits are designed to make albums, but I think that they make wonderful cards, too. 

Here is a close-up of just the card. 
I used the flower kit to add a ruffle around the chipboard sentiment.  Making a ruffle with the flower kit is such an easy thing to do.  Just give the paper strip a pinch at each of the scoring lines and work it around a circle.  It already has a really cute scalloped edge for the outside of the ruffle.


I used foam dots to layer the flowers and the chipboard bird for extra dimension.  Be sure to make sure that your flowers are only attached to the flap so that your card will be easy to open. 


Finally, you can see why I really love the Medley Album Kit for cards. 
You can use the lined pieces to tuck a personal message inside the card.  Super cute and oh so easy to write your message neatly on! 

And another!


For this card, I chose the little folder that would allow the journaling section to show. 


Again, I used foam dots for dimension.  I love layering similar elements, too.  The little birds on the bottom are an example of this layering.  The bottom one is chipboard and the top one is from the fabric favorites.


And here it is with the card pulled out.  You can make it super easy to pullout by making sure to layer chipboard and let the banner piece overlap the top a bit.

I would love to hear what you think.  Do you use products outside of their intended use?  Let me know and I'll drop by to take a peek at yours.   

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. These are Fantastic!!! I am going to buy them right now! :)

    ReplyDelete