Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Having fun with Prima Free Spirit

Hi everyone!  I am just sharing a layout that I made using the new Prima Free Spirit collection today.  This is my daughter and her roommate and I thought that this collection fit perfectly with their photo and with their fun outdoor activities.  

I started my design by using 3 artist trading cards as my base.  Instead of using 3 different ones, I chose to use 3 of the same.  I knew that I wanted to use lots of embellishments, so I wanted to have continuity in the base of the design.

 

It's a lot of fun to be friends with your kids on Facebook and photos like these are one of the reasons why. I lifted this one off my daughter's Facebook page. This generation uses Facebook so often to share their photos and it's a great source for scrapbookers to be sure to include their photos in books even when they no longer live at home.


 I used flowers from both the Free Spirit Collection and also included the large yellow flower from the Bloom Collection, which we've already established that I love! 

I also like the Hexagon shaped pieces, especially the Live Free piece that I used for my title. 


Because I really liked the hexagon shape, I decided to echo it for some additional design by stitching some simple ones in various places on my page.  

Tip:  I used a couple of my hexagon punches for a pattern for the stitching.  Just place, pierce and add simple long stitches.


Scatter some banner pieces, buttons, brads and a touch of ribbon and you're done!  Because their is very little cutting in this design, it goes together really quickly!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. this is so super cute, Robbie. I love your use of the embellishments. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete