Monday, December 15, 2014

Flying Unicorn December Kit- Off the Page

Well, you know that Alda always adds a fun Off the Page item to her Flying Unicorn kits.  For December, she added an adorable little wooden sleigh!  So cute and just perfect to tuck in around your home in December.

I had a lot of fun decorating this one.  Before I started the painting and misting, I took some plain old Elmer's Glue and added some swirls and lines to give it some texture.


Next, I painted the whole thing with gesso.  I sprayed it with some silver mist and let it puddle and dry as it would.  That's it!  So simple!


Of course, it's my project, so I had to add some ribbon and flowers.  The flower is a terrific vellum flower from Prima.  I added some glitter snowflakes and glitter leave that I picked up at Michaels.  I love this time of year!  There are so many beautiful, inexpensive things in all the craft stores!


Since it is a sleigh, and it is Christmas time, I had to fill it with some tiny gifts!  A few little candies and small wrapped gifts would make this a fun little giftie item, too!

Be sure to check out the Flying Unicorn Store to see all the kits and don't forget that Flying Unicorn has a very fun forum where you can learn and get to know the team, too!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment