Thursday, March 6, 2014

Julie Nutting Doll Stamps

I am such a huge fan of Julie Nutting Girls.  Quite a while ago, I purchased her book Collage Couture and was instantly caught up in how she does her terrific girls!  I experimented with canvas and making my own girls, which I loved!  I have chipboard girls from Leaky Shed Studio that I've played with and...

Now, with the Prima Stamps that she has designed, it is so easy to play with Julie's girls!  If you don't draw, you are going to especially LOVE these!  I swear, it's like paper dolls for grown-ups!  SUCH fun and I can tell you that I'm already addicted!  I'm going to have to go back and try to track down the ones that I don't have!

Here is my first attempt using the stamps.  This little girl is so sassy and fun, so I wanted to give her some sassy, yet sweet clothes.  I used Heidi Swap Sugar Chic collection to dress her and decorate the tag.

 

In addiction to her body, all her clothes are cut out of patterned papers and layered.  The trick is to just keep stamping for the layers, keep fussy cutting and keep layering.

 In the above photo, you can see that I did the skirt in multiple layers to make it look more ruffled.  It takes a little extra time, but I love how it turned out!


 Now, I'm from TEXAS!  So, of course, the western girl had to make it's way into my collection!  Could she be any cuter?  It's rodeo time in Texas so the timing is perfect to play with this one, too!  

Being from Texas and being a Rodeo Girl, doesn't mean that you don't like bling and girly things.  The sticker from Bo Bunny's Prairie Chic collection went perfectly with this girl.  I couldn't resist using it for this tag.


I put this one together the same way that I did the first one.  Lots of layers for her precious outfit.  For the skirt, since I layered it again, I was able to tuck a strip of bling under the layers. 
To finish her, I added lots more Prairie Chic embellishments and of course, so flowers!

  

See, paper dolls for grown-ups!  So fun!  
I can't wait to make some more!  
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment