Monday, July 16, 2012

Dress Form

We have been having some painting and re-doing done around our house lately.  In the process, I've been doing a bit of playing!  Finally!  I picked up this dress form a year or two ago, and I had never done anything with it.  Somewhere, I have a picture of the before, but I can't find it to save my life.  :)  Anyway, it was a light seafoam green before I got started.  Now, with a bit of paint, Glimmer Mist and Lumiere it looks like this...


I used a load of tulle, some ribbon and a few flowers on it.  I really didn't mean for it to end up looking so bridally, (is that a word?) but it fits with the decor of the room. 


This is a picture of the waist.  I just hot glued the flowers in place at the center of a sash of tulle.  The flowers and the leaves are from Prima, except for the white one. 


This is the other side of the waist.  It was simple to do.  I just tied lots of bows with tulle and ribbon to the iron. and bunched them up.  You can also get a bit of a look at the iron in this one. 


Along the bottom of the form, I looped sever layers of tulle to make a skirt.  I alternated the look of the tulle detail along the scrolls.  These are also a few bows crunched together to get the look.

 
Just one more.  This is the top and a bit closer look at how the tulle mixed with the ribbons looks.

I'm just loving seeing all the dress forms that are available now.  If you have altered any, I would love to see them!



Photobucket

1 comment:

Papercrafting Princess said...

It's gorgeous. I can see it being used for a bridal shower decor.