Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Technique Tuesday at Bo Bunny

It's Technique Tuesday on the Bo Bunny Blog! 
Today a couple of the design team members are sharing ideas and tips for distressing your pages. 

This was made using the brand new Little Miss Collection.  You won't want to miss this collection for your baby and little girls photos! Be sure to check out the perfectly coordinated flowers that Bo Bunny is introducing for the new collections.

Welcome Home

This is a picture of a friend's newborn on the day they were taking her home.  Isn't she a little beauty?  The colors in this picture couldn't have matched the Little Miss Collection any better, so I couldn't resist using it!  :)


I like to just use the edge of my scissors to distress the edges of my paper and then add a couple of strategically placed tears. The great thing about distressing is that if you accidentally tear your paper while distressing, you can just ink it up and act like you planned it! I prefer the Cat's Eye Chalk Ink in Chestnut Roan for my inking on distressed pages.


 The flowers and doilies were also lightly inked and then sprayed with Glimmer Mist. I prefer the Wheatfields color to give a light antiqued look.


 I also sprayed the ribbon and the fabric flower with the Wheatfield Glimmer Mist to give them a bit of an antiqued look.


To crimp the flowers a bit, I just stuck the end of a paintbrush in the middle and smashed them up a bit around the handle.  Simple!

Be sure to drop by the Bo Bunny Blog to see Tomoko's take on distressing!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment