Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Little Yellow Bicycle Mini Album

It's time for Mini Albums at Little Yellow Bicycle!  Some of the Biker Chicks have been working on Mini Albums using the new Hello Spring Collection.  Be sure to check out the Little Yellow Bicycle Blog for LOTS of ideas!

Hello Easter

This little album was made using a Little Yellow Bicycle Canvas Covered Chipboard Album.  I cut down a piece of paper to decocrate because I wanted some of the canvas to show.  The little tree is from the Favorite Pieces Sticker Sheet.  I used foam dots on a few of the flower stickers to add some dimension.


I had a limited number of pictures, so I chose to just decorate a few of the pages without adding pictures.  The grass on this page is just freehand cutting. 

Tip:  Because the pages are chipboard, be sure to add stitching elements before you adhere the paper to the page.


I used a couple of the Journal Cards on this page instead of using them as journal cards.  I cut the green one and hid the cut behind the picture to make it appear longer than it is.


If you don't have enough pictures of any one event, use pictures taken at different times to tell your story.  For this album, I used pictures of the girls visiting the Easter Bunny, coloring eggs,  hunting eggs, and Easter Morning. 

Tip:  This little scallopd chipboard piece is actually meant to say "MOM"  I just flipped it over to say "WOW" instead. 


This is the page that shows beside the above page.  Using foam dots makes layering stickers and the picture easy!

Tip:  You can see the pink at the bottom of the page is attached to the back.  One of the fun things about Mini Albums is that you can use overlapping pieces to compliment both sides.


Here is the opposite side of the above page.  I love that the Little Yellow Bicycle Decorative Edge Cardstock is double sided.  It makes it perfect for this!


Using ric-rac and ribbon is an easy way to embellish your pages.  I like to use my Xyron X to attach ric-rac in strips as shown here.


I HAD to use this adorable picture of the girls!!  You might notice from one of the earlier pages, that Laynee is kissing her little sister, too! 

I used a punch to make the scalloped edge around the sticker on the top corner. 

Tip:  Think about layering similar items that are the same.  I did this with the bow shaped chipboard on the bottom corner.  I then just tied a bow around it.


When I do Mini Albums for other people, I always try to leave room for journaling.  I think it's important for us to hand write some of our stories.  I know that I still smile and get such a wonderful feeling when I come across things that my grandmother wrote herself. 

Tip:  I created the journaling section in Word.  I just added the lines and put a matching border around it.  I wanted the embellishments to take center stage, so I made the lines a very light grey.  It will make it easy to write neatly and also will not take away from the handwriting or the embellishments.


Another page that is just decorated without a picture.  I included the girl's names and the year here.  I love that one of the stickers that said little lovelies!!  You will see why on the next page! 


Could there be anything sweeter than this?  They are just beautiful and I'm so thankful to their mom for sharing her pictures with me!! 


One last tip!  As you can see from this side view picture, my albums tend to get pretty bulky!  I always keep BIG rings on hand to help with this.  Putting large rings on a bulky album helps to make it lay much better!



I hope that I have given you some ideas that you can use!  It was a lot of fun creating this little Mini Album!  Don't forget to stop by the Little Yellow Bicycle Blog for more ideas! 

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Robbie!!! This is absolutely ADORABLE! All the little details you've added on each precious page! I really love this! So glad to have stopped by your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a darling mini ! love your clustered embellishments

    ReplyDelete