Thursday, July 29, 2010

Where oh Where Have I been? CHA!

I know that it has been over a week since I blogged,but I had a good reason! Things have been hopping around here. I have been working on projects, getting ready to go out of town, and having company. I only get to see my brother twice a year and he's been here visiting. I miss him, so I'm always happy when he gets to come back to Texas for a visit. Thankfully, he's in Georgia now and not deployed! Unfortunately, this was an unplanned visit, so I already had plans to go to CHA. I'm so happy that my brother will be here for one more day now that I'm back.

Now... since most of you are scrapbookers, you know what a hardship going to CHA was for me! ROFL! WHAT FUN!! I've never even been to a scrapbook show so going to CHA for my first was just amazing! I am still amazed by all those scrappy goodies all in one place! Wow!!! I don't know if it's because I got to see all the new releases in person or if they really some of my favorites ever, but the new products coming out are going to knock your socks off! I know that they amazed me! The new embellishments this year are simply AMAZING! In fact, I think that I'll have lots to talk about this week! Get ready! lol

As much fun as seeing the product were, I would have to say the best part was the people. It was so fun to meet so many other people who have a passion for paper crafting!! From the manufacturers, to the store owners and and the designers, everyone was just terrific to talk to! It was certainly a happy place to be!

I also got to meet some of my online friends for the first time! That was such a highlight as well! Oh.. and some of my designer idols! It was wonderful seeing them and their work in the booths. I can't forget my 'old' friends either! You rock! I loved getting together with you and talking it all over!

Needless to say... my first CHA will be hard to top! I hope that more of you will be there next time because if it is in any way possible, I'll be going back!!!

I also want to share another 'Quickie Giftie' with you. When time is crunched and you need something fun, this is an easy one! I made this using a magnetic dry erase board that I picked up at Michaels. It is decorated with a Bo Bunny package of stickers, Bo Bunny Chipboard pieces and one piece of Bo Bunny paper. I did add a couple of journal cards from Bo Bunny to show the magnets and how you can add notes to it. All of this is from the Petal Pushers Collection.



Directions:
1. Cut out a square of Bo Bunny paper and cut out a square in the middle, too.
2. Randomly place the alphabet stickers around the outside of the square.
3. Use the chipboard to further embellish. Did you know that it's VERY sticky chipboard? PERFECT for projects!
4. Add Chipboard to a couple of magnets.
5. Viola! You're done and just like that, you have a fun 'Giftie'!

Thanks for dropping by!

2 comments:

  1. What an adorable quickie giftie! So cute and you make it seem so easy peasy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!!! so cute Robbie!! You do the most beautiful things with Bo Bunny!! ....sounds like you had a blast at CHA...maybe next year I can get my butt down there and we can finally meet! :)

    ~Gabi xxx

    ReplyDelete