Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Really? Snow in Central Texas?

It's just so HARD to believe, but it's snowing in Austin!!! Wow!!! So much fun!! It is just beautiful. I'm sitting here looking out of my window watching it snow and watching the deer eat what little bit of my grass is sticking up through it. Now, I know that so many of you have 'real' snow often, but in central Texas this is a rarity!! I have been taking some pictures of our house and yard. You see, here we have pools, not snow! lol I had to have a picture of my pool with the fountain running while the snow is coming down. I've also noticed that it's not just snowing softly, it's so wet that it's snowing in chunks!

The best part of the day though is that when I was outside taking pictures, I could hear the next door neighbors kids just giggling away! They came out front and I was so happy to hear the she has kept them home from school today to play! I love that!! They are still little and this is just too fun to pass up. I think that sometimes making memories is so much more important than a day at school. Judging by the smiles and screams, this is certainly one of those days!

Here are a couple of pictures of our house in the snow. Yes, I went over and took pictures of the kids, but I forgot to ask if I could post them! lol





Thanks for dropping by!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you have a beautiful home and love the pictures of the snow and the pool, that's so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos of your back yard. I remember in 1985 sledding down Jester hill at UT there was so much snow. Enjoy! (oh, and I think I just dated myself. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pictures Robbie!! Wish I had a fab back yard like yours it looks so gorgeous!! Enjoy the snow we have had it here on and off since before Xmas just wish it would go away now!!! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun for you. I also love the sound of children playing; great mom to keep them home for it since it's a rarity for you. I see a Scrapbook page forming from those pretty pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2/23/2010

    Such beautiful Pics Robbie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have to scrap those photos! This is really amazing that you got snow today. What does that mean for global warming??? Are we heading back the other way?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The snow pics are so cool! Especially the pool shot. That's certainly something you don't see every day, huh? And your blog looks awesome!! You did a fantastic job. It looks so professional. Did you design your header too?

    ReplyDelete