Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter! It has been a bit unusual around here this year. I had surgery on Wednesday, so it was a quiet Easter at home. My kids came home from school to spend the weekend with us. It is always so wonderful to have them home. It's such a change from past Easters. Would you believe that this is the first Easter without a basket for them? I know, they outgrew it long ago, but it is always such fun to give them a little treat. I miss the times when they were little and an Easter basket was a HUGE thing! I recently scrapped this picture of Jade on her first Easter Sunday. I kept this one fairly simple. I really wanted it to be bright and fun like the big smile on her face. I LOVE these Zva eggs. They are so adorable and glittery. I thought they added the perfect amount of fun to this layout. I also used some of the precious felt Zva flowers on this one. My layout was so bright that I decided to add some chalk ink to my flowers to make them match a bit better. The flowers took the ink perfectly!

Hope you have had a blessed Easter!

Robbie

4 comments:

  1. Robbie, so happy that you are recovering from your surgery! I know what you mean about first Easter without baskets! My son is 28 & this was first year I did not have a basket!!! LOL.. I know he was old, but at least I stopped the egg hunts at 23 years LOL.
    Your lo is wonderful! so bright & cheery! Tfs & again, happy you are doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy easter to you too! Enjoy the kids at home. No more egg hunt for us too this year. They are growing up so fast.
    Love your layout, it's great!
    Take care,
    Mieke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big and bright is definitely you! Love this layout of Jade and you chose exactly the right papers. Wonderful work and hoping you are taking it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bright colors on this Robbie, Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete