Thursday, October 9, 2008

Changes

Well, It's been about two months since I blogged! It's funny since last time I blogged I mentioned how bad I am about blogging. Some things don't change!!

I am not one who does well with change. I like things to stay just as they are. Sometimes, I just don't get to have what I want. That is not always a bad thing, but it can be hard to adjust. Since I last blogged, I have become an empty nester. What a huge change for me.

I've been a stay at home mom for over 20 years and this has probably been the biggest change for me to date! Our kids are now both off to college. They are doing so well. They were ready, but I'm not sure that I was. I've been spending a lot of time reminding myself that the fact that they were ready means that I did my job and it's time to let go. I'll keep telling myself that when I want to wish for just a little more time with them at home. I'll keep telling myself that change is good, reminding myself that they are going to shine, praying that their lives turn out just the way they envision. I'll remember to enjoy my time, instead of wondering what now? I'll embrace the new opportunities. I'll get to spend more time with my husband. There is good here. I'll eat what I want for dinner tonight! Oh wow,I can watch what I want on TV! Maybe it's not all bad!

So, when I'm getting sad or having this empty feeling, I'll remember... I'll document... I'll be thankful for every moment!

4 comments:

  1. My children haven't left yet, but i know i'll come and dont look forward to it. BUT as you say , It only shows that you did your job WELL. Made some independent persons out of the small baby's you where given.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...there ya go...keep that chin up and be happy!!!! ENJOY my friend!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww- this is such a big change! and you're right, it's most important to remember they are thriving because you did all the righ thtings to help them become the peoplethey are now. AND you've got exciting things on the horizon in your own life, too! it's time to enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, you KNOW that I understand. I was having the same thing, now 2 of mine are back in the house for a little while anyway. The boys are back, Jenna got married last month, so for now, there is some noise back in the household! I have to feed them, so it's kind of like old times! I really missed them. I know it's time for me & DH to do stuff, but it is SUCH a big change, and I'm like you, I donn't do well with change at all. You can talk to me anytime!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete