Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Altering with Hello Spring

Little Yellow Bicycle's Hello Spring is such a happy collection. So many embellishments to choose from and so many ways to show them off.  The design team at Little Yellow Bicycle has come up with some ways to alter things with Hello Spring!

I decided to make an 8x10 canvas to tuck into a white frame today.  I really loved the little chipboard birdie and wanted to give her a home!  :)

Here is what I came up with. I made this little bird cage for her to live in.  It will fit easily into an 8x10 frame, as soon as I get one!


There are a few little tips that I found for making this bird cage.
You can see a touch of glare on the 'wires' of the cage.  I couldn't seem to get a picture without them.  Funny, because you don't see them when looking at it IRL.  For the purposes of explaining what I did, it was perfect though!

Tip:  Cut the strips of paper about 1/4 of an inch wide and distress.  Then adhere them to strips of transparency.  This will make the paper stronger and keep it from bending.  Transparency will also help this project stand the test of time by keeping it in the possition you placed it in.  You should also place a strip of tranparency under the bottom section of the cage for the same reasons.


These flowers are from the LYB flower kit.  Layer several of the flowers from the kit together to make your flowers.  I also added a punched flower on the top and some little glitter centers. 

Tip:  Use foam tape to adhere the flowers and help with the overlapping.  Don't forget, you can layer foam tape, too.  Layering the tape under the higher placed flowers will keep them in place and make them lay correctly.


I wanted to use the glittery chipboard clouds on this project.  Because they were a more pastel color, I just glued them down to brighter colored cardstock and cut around them to add some of the brights to that corner.  Easy! 

A couple of other tips before you go!
Tip:  The top of the cage was made with a circle and a scalloped circle punch.
Tip:  I changed the string behind the banner.  I wanted to use a bright yellow twine to better match my project.  Just gently pull the other string off the back of the fabric banner and glue down a new string if you need to make a change on your project or page.

Don't forget to drop by the Little Yellow Bicycle Blog to see what the other design team members came up with!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment