Friday, May 25, 2012

Field Tripping at Bo Bunny!

This month, Bo Bunny has sent the designers on a Field Trip each Friday.  What is a Field Trip?  Well, it's scrapping or altering outside of your comfort zone.  We have been challenged to try things that we don't normally do. I must admit that I had a hard time with this assignment.  :)

I decided to concentrate on design for this week.  I tend to start out with my photo in, or close to, the center of my pages.  I purposely chose to start with my photo in the upper right corner.  I also much admire the scrapbookers who rock the negative space.  I tried to keep myself from filling in every blank space on my layout. 

Sugar and Spice
Here is what I came up with.

user posted image

As you can see, I didn't leave a lot of negative space, but I left more that what I usually do, so I'm considering it a LOT!  lol The design definitely is not my normal feel, but I ended up pretty happy with the overall page.

user posted image

Of course, it is my page, so a few things that I 'always' do still showed up on the page.  I don't think that stretching yourself means that you have to move completely away from your personal touches.  So, I almost always add a bow or ribbon and I still did!

user posted image

I really liked how changing up my design allowed me to play with the embellishments a bit differently than usual. 

user posted image

I made a journaling card to tuck under the photo here.  Working with the picture placement here, I found that the balance of the layout worked a bit differently.  The journal card served dual purposes.  I can journal on the card, but it also gave this area of the page some weight.

I would love to see pages that you have done that were outside of your norm!  If you link them here, I'll drop by to take a peek!

Be sure to check out the Bo Bunny Blog to see more ideas from the design team.  We have been going on Field Trip Fridays all month!

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. oh my this is just so so sweet...lovely layout...

    ReplyDelete