Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Another Ribbon Idea to Share!

Hi everyone! Hope you are off to a great start to your week!

If you haven't done the challenge at the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog, you still have time! Use this link to go take a peek! Challenge

I have a fun little idea for you. When my daughter went to college, we couldn't find a lamp that went with her colors in her dorm room. After much searching, I came up with the idea to use ribbons to alter a lamp for her. She loved it! Unfortunately, it never came back home so I can't show it to you. So... I liked it so much that I made one for my scrapbook room.
 This one lives here, so you get to see it!


My favorite thing about this little idea is that it can be any colors you want. There are no limits to this one and it is such an inexpensive way to add some fun to your space.
I picked this little lamp up for $10.00.

Here are some close-ups to show you the details.

All you have to do is cut two pieces of ribbon for each section and tie them around your lampshade.  You can see that I have a knot at the bottom.  I tied the knot first and then pulled the ribbon up (one piece on the inside and one on the outside) and tied a simple shoestring type bow.
Keep repeating until you have them the way you want them to look.
 FAST and EASY!


Here is a close-up of the top.  I did tie each ribbon in the same direction.  I liked the way they kind of lined up to lay nicely by doing it this way.

And a close-up of the bottom.  Just hold the two pieces stacked on top of one another and tie a knot.  You can see that the bottoms are all cut differently, but that is not a problem.

I chose to go with the colors of my scrapbook room and to only use ribbons.
Some other ideas for this one are to add some ric-rac, just use knots instead of bows. What about going for an elegant look? Nothing says elegant like a wide satin ribbon. I think tying buttons to the ribbons would be an adorable look in a baby's room.
 The possibilities are endless!


Be sure to check out the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store and pick out your favorite ribbons! Speaking of endless possibilities, you will find them in the store!

I would love to see your ideas for this project!

Thanks for dropping by!

6 comments:

  1. Such a great idea to bring color and a lot of flare to a room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, how CA-UTE is that! LOVE it!!!! Hmmmm....maybe I need a lamp in my scraproom, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robbie that is just the sweetest... I showed my 10 year old daughter and she has already started going through my ribbon stash to find just the right ones to match her room. Mind you... we haven't painted her room yet!
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolute fabulous idea!! It is beautiful! Great way to use our stash!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! Robbie!! is that ever cute!!! I've been meaning to make over a lamp for the girls room, and this is just the perfect idea for it! thanks for sharing this!

    ~Gabi xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! how cool is that lamp!!!!

    ReplyDelete