Friday, May 1, 2015

Canvas Pedestal Frame with Video Tutorial

Hi everyone!  If you follow my blog, you might have seen this on my Prima post.  Today, I'm sharing it in a post with several close-ups.  I had a lot of fun with this one.  You will see that I also created a video tutorial for it.  It's embedded below, so it is easy to watch if you would like to!


Here is the video!


I love the trend of turning a canvas over and using the back side.  It worked perfectly to add the ring holder to the inside to hold lots of photos.


In this photo, you can see several details including the ribbon technique that is in the video.  You can also see some of the canvas pieces.


This is probably my favorite part of the project.  The glass drawer pull is actually an antique that I got when my mother in law moved out of her home.  It is special to me, so I wanted to include it on a project that I love.  Having said that, there are so many beautiful drawer pulls in local hobby shops.  You are sure to be able to find one you love.



This is the backside detail.    I wanted this to be something that I could set anywhere, so just in case the back could be seen, it needed to be finished, too. 


And the last one so you can really see the dimension of the finished project.  I have only added 3 photos for my blog, but you can see that this will hold several photos easily.



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Robbie,
    This is a wonderful project - haven't seen a frame like this - ever - and it's awesome! Your canvas/frame is so gorgeous, as are the flowers, ribbon, textures and the lovely photos. Going to watch the video now - wonderful piece, Robbie!

    ReplyDelete