Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It's In the Details - Imaginisce

Don't forget to stop by the Imaginisce Blog today to get the details on how to win my favorite Imaginisce Tool the i-top!

Outdoor Fun
This is the Happy Camper Collection and it will be available SOON!
The title on this one was done with one of the Imaginisce Die-Cuts.  I distressed the edges of it a bit and added pop dots to it for some added dimension. 
Tip:  If the pop dots you use have negative space after you've used the the round pieces, just cut the negative space section to use on larger pieces like this.  No waste!


You can see the stitching close-up here.  Tip:  Take advantage of the paper pattern to add your stitching.  You can see here that I used the dots on the paper to add my stitching.  I just pierced in the center of the polka dots to get the pattern and then added a glam rock to the center of each diamond using the i-rock.  No measuring!  Yay!
Tip 2:  Notice the tone-on-tone brown tree paper?  It's some of the terrific packaging that the embellishments came in!


Tip:  Layer your embellishments for added interest.  Use pop dots to vary the dimension. 


Retirement Card
This is a Super Simple Card!  A bit more packaging, a few more pop dots and fabulous layered stickers and you are good to go!


The adorable stickers dictated the sentiment on this card. 
Tip:  I just used Microsoft Word to do the borders and the lettering on the inside.  Use the 'insert shapes' tool to make borders. So easy!


 Bundle of Joy
Using the adorable Little Cutie Collection!
This is my little great-nephew and his daddy. 
He has a twin sister but I just chose to focus on him for this one.  
Tip:  The yellow star bracket shapes were cut out of more of the packaging!!  I LOVE how these Imaginisce collections have such adorable packaging!  The best part is that nothing is actually stuck to the packaging, so all you have to do is use it!  Packaging done this way gives you another complete design element.


Tip:  Notice that the yellow stitching isn't actually stitch much.  I just added a few holes and did super BIG stitches for the border.  Although I usually only stitch with 3 strands of embroidery floss (like the blue stitching)  When I do the border this way, I use all 6 strands.


Baby Boy Card
The dimensional journal stickers make Great hang tags for packaging!!


The giraffe is another of those fantastic die-cut elements!  I added a touch of ribbon and then added a couple of the Brad Daddies for added interest!  Love this adorable polka dot giraffe!!


So Very Sweet
More of the Little Cutie collection!
I love how the collection has girl elements and boy elements.  On this one, I used a ton of the embellishments and check out those Roly Rosies!  I had not used these before now but let me tell you, I'll be using a LOT more of them!  They are so easy to use and they are also double-sided!!  I love that!  Choices!


Tip:  Notice the brads?  To get the flowers in just the right place, turn your punch over and place your paper.  You can see exactly where your flower will be this way.


Little Girl Card
This one focuses on the i-rock.  Tip: My favorite part of the i-rock is that you can place your jewels exactly where you want them and then heat and set them!  I love that there is no commitment before you decide or having the sticky not work because you changed your mind.  The i-rock is so terrific!!  You get to do all of your decision making and only THEN do you set them!


Tip:  I wanted a soft purple color to match the chipboard flower.  I just used a Sharpie to color clear crystals.   Also, I just took a stitch through the little canvas sticker girls to make hang tags.  I couldn't resist adding a couple of jewels to their little bows!


Don't forget!!  You can win an i-top here!

Thanks so much for dropping by!! 


2 comments:

  1. These projects are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a big production, very nice, I love everything you made.

    ReplyDelete