Saturday, August 7, 2010

Introducing Daisy!

Hi everyone! I know that my blog is usually about scrapbooking but today, I have to share my new baby with you!

As my close friends know, I lost my beloved yorkie Stormy a few months ago. It was a devastating blow to lose her. I was not expecting it and she was only 7. I'll always miss her and she can't be replace, but after taking some time to mourn, I started the search for a new little friend. I have looked and looked for a puppy. I scoured the internet, got referrals, drove to other towns to look at puppies and then... I found Daisy!



Now... isn't this the cutest little face EVER? How could I not fall in love with this sweet girl?

I flew to Lubbock to see this sweet puppy. My college roommate Lisa had told me about a breeder in Lubbock that had beautiful and healthy dogs. She was SO right!! Thanks so much for referring me to Yorkielicious, Lisa!!

Let me tell you about Yorkielicious, too. I drove out to Terri's (Yorkielicious' owner) home and met all of her gorgeous yorkies. If I ever decide to add another yorkie to our family, it will come from Terri. I won't ever bother to go through the search again. When I got to Terri's home, I was greeted by Martini and her baby, Daisy! Of course, it was love at first sight! That wasn't all though. Terri showed me ALL of her dogs. They are the most social and happy bunch ever! There are no off-limits barriers at Terri's. She is proud of her dogs and happy to show them to you. She has a lot to be proud of! They are healthy and happy and it shows! AND... the follow up... Terri lent me a playpen for Daisy for the night I had to stay in town. Daisy came ready for her new home with EVERYTHING she needed to make the transition. She made sure that Daisy had toys she was familiar with. A blankie that was her mother's was included too! Buying a dog from Terri was exactly the experience that I had hoped for. Daisy's transition has been flawless because Terri already had her ready for her new home.

Ok... I could go on and on, but I HAD to share because if you are looking for a yorkie you need to give Yorkielicious a look!!! Oh... and she's expecting a new litter in September!! I've met Stormie, the mom to be, and she's precious!!! I've met Stewie, the daddy, too. He's also the daddy of Daisy! They are going to be some beautiful puppies!

So, as you can see, my days are filled with FUN right now! Daisy is a busy little thing and we are loving it! I took this picture to share this morning... I chopped of her head because she was moving so fast, but I love it anyway! So, thanks Terri for my terrific puppy!



Seeing this cutie running across the yard is a wonderful way to spend a morning!

Thanks for dropping by!

14 comments:

  1. Teresa8/07/2010

    She is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robbie, she is precious!!! We have a male teacup yorkie...Yogi..and he is the king of the house and is just the loves of our lives....except for the boys! Since my youngest left home in August of 2009, he has filled the empty nest around here! Congrats on your new addition!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, she is so darling. I would love to have one. My son would absolutely love it. God Bless you with her. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I know they are part of the family and it's devastating when you lose them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just too darn cute!!! I love the action photo the most, although the one I saw with her mawling Kelly was quite entertaining as well. You have a little sweetheart there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't even have a dog due to my allergies, but I'd be tempted with this little cutie!
    Hey, congrats on your new DT spot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is beyond adorable! I had a yorkie for 14 years. Her name was Sassy. She was the best dog I've ever had, and so smart! I know that you and Daisy will be best buddies! You're right, she will never replace your beloved Stormy, but she will bring a whole new love to your life. Enjoy her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is just soooooo adorable!! Best wishes on your newest family addition!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Robbie, she's just adorable!!! So glad you found each other at last!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SHe is soooo darn cute Robbie!!! I'm so happy you've finally found the perfect pup for your family!!

    ~Gabi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is so stinkin' cute!!!!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cuttie!! just adoreable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8/13/2010

    She is precious! I just got a new Yorkie puppy too and her name is.......Daisy. She was born on March 20th and will end up weighing about 6 lbs. I have a 2.5 year old boy Yorkie and he just loves her to death. They are the sweetest dogs. Have fun with her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, she is gorgeous! So happy for you, enjoy your new little family member. ;)

    ReplyDelete