Monday, May 3, 2010

Introducing... Monday Must Haves

If you are like me, I always wonder what other scrapbookers used on their pages. How did they do that? Where did they get it? It got me to thinking... Yes dangerous, I know!

I have some supplies that I seldom scrap without and I'm sure that all of you do, too. Monday Must Haves will be all about those things that we can't scrap without. It's also about new things that I 'MUST have'! I also plan to pass along some 'Must Haves' from other scrapbooker's that I have met along the way. I am going to post some of my "must haves" and I invite you to tell me about yours. I am always ready to try something new.

To kick off my new Monday posts, I want to start with transparencies. I am always reaching for my box of transparencies. I use them all the time. I love the printed ones from the manufacturers. Hambly and Fancy pants have some to die for! Teresa Collins and GCD also have transparencies that I love. My Mind's Eye does the sweetest small transparencies. The options are limitless.

The ones that I use the most though are the plain old transparencies that you can pick up at your local office supply stores. I use these from 3M.


Some of the ways that I use them are rather obvious, but not the way that I most use them. I do like to print on them to use on my pages. Making your own prints gives you endless color choices. I recently used them on a page to enhance my journaling and to add a 'custom' look.


One less obvious way to use them is under your stickers. I like to do this to give my stickers extra dimension. You can add pop dots under your stickers if they are on a tranparency or you can use them underneath a sticker that you might like to bend as I did on these butterflies.


I also like to use them when I am doing fussy cutting. If you have paper than when fussy cut is going to be really thin and fragile, simply glue some transparency to the back before starting your cutting. Transparency film will keep it strong so that it doesn't tear. Or if you have already cut it and you are worried about tearing just glue it to a pieces of transparency and loosley cut around it. I did that here on the fussy cutting along the top left.


More ideas... If you occasionally open your albums and find that something that you used pop dots on is no longer the right shape, back your embellishment or paper with transparency film. It is tough and won't bend in your albums.

Why don't you try punching your transparency to make custom flowers.


So, do you love transparencies? I would love to hear what you do with them.

Thanks for dropping by!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for some good ideas on using plain transparencies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I've never used transparencies before but after reading this I think I'm going to have to give it a go!! For some reason they have never appealed to me but now they seem like a MUST HAVE!! Thank you for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never use transparencies, because I didn't know what to do with it......thanks for your inspiration!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your idea of Monday Must Haves! I've never used transparencies. Great ideas that you shared today. Looks like I need to pick some up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love transparencies! Thanks for the reminder to get them out! Hope you are enjoying the evening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are on to something here and I definitely learned a thing or two from you :) Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fabulous ideas Robbie!! I like to use transparency paper but I think I will try the film you showed here....thanks for the tips!!! LOVE your work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I print text onto transparency a lot.. especially shaped text. My favorite technique!

    ReplyDelete