Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Picture Frame for 3 Birds Studio

Hi everyone!  Today, I'm sharing a little frame  that I made using the Holiday Edition Quilled Card Kit from 3 Birds Studio.  I picked this 4x6 frame at Dollar Tree.  It was really pretty as it was but I wanted to jazz it up a bit more.  The frame comes solid white, so the first step was rubbing some silver on it to make it fit my idea a bit better.  Also, for Christmas, I'm all about the sparkle and shine!


This little frame is proof that the card kit can be used for so much more than just cards.  Most of the embellishing pieces are from the card kit.  I used the Midday Medley green paper and the Midday Medley Silver Glitter paper for the base of my design.


Using lots of foam pieces helped me to layer my design for interest and to make it sit well in the frame.  I even layered the chipboard letters using some foam.


In addition to the green holly leaves from the card kit, I punched a few extras from the silver glitter paper to add in.  I also repeated the silver glitter look by adding loose glitter to the reindeer that were in the card kit.



All in all, this is a really quick project that would also lend itself to a card but will make a cute little extra to set out during the holidays.

Be sure to check out the 3 Birds Blog to see what the Design Team is up to!   There are always lots of projects to inspire you!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment