Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Off the Page with Flying Unicorn


Hi everyone!

I'm sharing my Off the Page project from the Flying Unicorn September Kit.  This one is a favorite for sure!!  I love dress forms and you can find several of them already in my house, so I was super excited to see this in the Main Kit!


I chose to go with colors that would make this work in my guest room.  I wish that I had taken pictures along the way, but it just kind of evolved as I went along, so I'll just ell you what I did.  :)

To start, I covered the whole dress form with pink tissue paper using mod podge.  After is was dry, it was a lot bolder that I wanted it, so I put a layer of white tissue paper over the top to tone it down a bit.  Then I gave it a good spritzing with gold mist.


 Next up was some, well a LOT, of fussy cutting!  The florals were cut from Authentique paper that was included in the July Kit from Flying Unicorn.  I again used Mod Podge to attach it.  A few pearls and some more mist were layered over the top.


Tulle, bows and flowers next!!  The tulle is simply bows that were tied and glued around the bottom section.  Super simple way to get the 'ruffle' look with tulle.  I added a shiny bow, lots of roses and leaves around the section where the tulle met the dress form.  Of course, more gold mist and some teas stain and mauve mist to add a touch of darker dimension.


The tulle at the top was tied into knots and glued around the top.  I kept thinking it needed something at the top and couldn't find anything in my stash that would give it the look that I wanted.  Viola.... I remembered that I had some antique drawer pulls that were glass and it worked perfectly!!


To finish it all off, I watered down a bit of gesso and used a sea sponge to add touches of white.  I really love the little bit of lighting up it did with the skirt. 

I have to admit that this turned out to be my favorite OTP ever!! I had such a fun time with it and really like the way it looks in my guest room! 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment